WEDNESDAY NIGHT TEAM LEAGUE RULES
- Our leagues run 7 weeks long. 6 regular season nights and 7th week is the playoff and finals
- Cost is $120 per player on your team which covers all 7 weeks
- League play starts at 8:00PM sharp… please don’t be late!
- Teams are made up of 4 throwers (you may have subs for throwers that can’t make it)
- Teams points are totaled at the end of each night
GAME PLAY OVERVIEW
- 4 on 4 between team throwers
- Each game consists of 2 rounds
- 10 throws total 5 from each lane
- Thrower with the most points after 10 throws wins that game
- 10 points is awarded to that team’s total
- In the case of a tie, thrower continue in a sudden-death format
The players will throw again (11th time) and the winner will be the person that scores the higher points during that throw. If both players tie again, they must continue with sudden death throws until there is a winner. Points are not counted or tallied during sudden death.
- Highest total points after 4 games wins the match
- 25 points is awarded to the match winner
- 6 points for bullseyes
- 4 points for the 2nd ring
- 3 points for the 3rd ring
- 2 points for the 4th ring
- 1 point for the 5th ring
- 10 points for the blue circle aka the kill shot
- The kill shot is only available on the tenth and final throw of the match otherwise it is worth only 1 point
- Thrower must call kill shot
- During the final throw of the match, the coach will provide a countdown starting from 3 (3,2,1), to indicate when the axes are to be thrown.
- On this final throw, axes MUST be thrown at the same time. If an axe hits the target before the second player's axe leaves their hands, the late thrower will be given 0 points.
- The axe must remain in the target for the throw to count.
- If the axe falls out before the axe is retrieved, then the throw will be counted as 0 points.
- A thrower cannot purposely delay a game in hopes an axe will fall
- Highest score of what blades touch which most of a blade is buried, determines the axes position on the target.
- Kill shots are the exception to the majority rule 10 points are awarded if any part of the axe blade touches the blue circle
- At the finish of each throw, the thrower must have at least one foot behind the line.
- A thrower’s foot may not touch the rubber mat until both axes have been thrown and come to a complete stop.
- One-foot fault results in a re-throw.
- Another thrower doesn’t not have to re-throw but can choose to.
- Two-foot faults in a role results in a loss of turn.
PLAYOFFS and FINALS
- Every Team competes in the playoffs
- Playoff seeding is based off regular season points
- Finals round seeding is based off playoff round
- Playoff and finals rounds will be played bracket style
Team Champ will be crowned after playoff round